The Niagara Ontario Health Team – Équipe Santé Ontario Niagara (NOHT-ÉSON) is a local network of more than 45 health care providers, social service agencies, educational institutions, and patient/client and family/caregiver representatives in Niagara.
Together, NOHT-ÉSON partners are working to create an inclusive, efficient health care system that integrates and streamlines the delivery of health care services. Our goal is to make it easier to access care, and to improve the overall experience and health outcomes for the residents of Niagara.
As part of our commitment to meaningful partnership with our various communities, we are currently seeking engagement from community partners to participate in one or both of the projects below.
Community partners can be patients, clients, families, caregivers, people with lived experience, and other citizens who interact with health and social services. Please note that these opportunities are voluntary.
NOHT-ÉSON Strategic Plan (to be completed by March 2023)
Over the next few months, as we develop our strategic plan, we are seeking community engagement from patients/clients and families/caregivers. We want to hear from the community about what matters most to them in health care, and that will help us shape and guide our future work. For this project, you may be asked to participate in surveys, focus groups, interviews, and/or planning sessions.
24/7 Navigation Project (to be completed by March 31st 2023)
It can be difficult for providers and clients to know all of the health and social services that are available in the community. This project will assist in designing a 24/7 system navigation solution. For this project, you may be asked to sit on a project team and attend bi-weekly meetings, take part in a focus group, or share their journey navigating the health system.
Who and what are we looking for?
- Patients/clients and families/caregivers
- Members of Indigenous and Francophone communities
- Willingness to share their story and journey accessing services in Niagara
- Desire to help improve health and social services
- Respect for others and their perspectives
- Non-judgmental and positive attitudes
- Desire to participate in creating meaningful change
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Roles and Responsibilities
- Participate as an active member on one of the projects (24/7 Navigation or Strategic Plan)
- Attend meetings as required
- Tell your story and share your point of view
- Advocate for patient, family, and caregiver needs from a broad perspective
- Participate in the development of new processes, programs, and services
- Objectively listen to and appreciate the views of others
- Contribute ideas and suggestions that will enhance community involvement in health system planning and decision-making
- Promote improved collaboration and relationships between community members and staff
- Commit to participating on the project for a specific timeframe (minimum three hours or up to four months)
Our Commitment. We Will:
- Explain internal processes and terminology as needed for clarification and understanding
- Help orient you to virtual meeting software as needed
- Provide a safe space for you to contribute and be respected for your insights and suggestions
- Work with you to address any questions or concerns related to involvement
- Provide initial orientation and training, as well as ongoing training (where required), to ensure you’re well-equipped and comfortable to actively participate
If you are interested in these engagement opportunities with the NOHT-ÉSON, please email our Engagement Specialist, Josie Faccini at email@example.com or call 905-933-4149 by January 27, 2023.
The NOHT-ÉSON is committed to providing accessible and barrier-free engagement opportunities. Please forward accommodation requests, questions, or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.