Each year, the Niagara Ontario Health Team – Équipe Santé Ontario Niagara (NOHT-ÉSON) determines health care priorities for the Niagara region. When selecting priorities, the NOHT-ÉSON uses a wealth of data collected from organizations throughout the region, as well as the unique insights of its membership. With this information, we identify the most commonly used health services in the region, and areas where integrating services can create the most positive health outcomes for Niagara residents now and in the future.
NOHT-ESON has identified priority populations in the early stages of its work in Niagara. Of utmost importance is ensuring everyone has the same access to care and receives their care in a culturally safe environment. The NOHT-ESON has made it a priority to build and strengthen trusting relationships with the Indigenous and francophone population.
How We Measure Success
NOHT-ÉSON is in the early stages of transforming health care and social service delivery across Niagara. At its maturity, changes will include:
- A fully coordinated range of care and services.
- 24/7 access to system navigation services and seamless transitions through your health care journey.
- Improved access to secure digital tools, online health records and virtual care options.
These changes will ultimately lead to:
- Better health outcomes for the people of Niagara.
- Improved health care and social service interactions and experiences for patients/clients and families/caregivers.