The Niagara Ontario Health Team – Équipe Santé Ontario Niagara (NOHT-ÉSON) encourages Niagara residents to register for ConnectMyHealth. This new digital health solution provides patients with a single access point to view their health records from participating hospitals.
ConnectMyHealth can be used on desktop and mobile devices, and there’s no cost to use it. The platform differs from other patient portals because it combines various health records created at hospitals in southwestern Ontario that patients have visited into one consolidated view. The participating hospitals include Niagara Health and Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre.
Key functionality of ConnectMyHealth includes patients receiving email alerts when they have new results available, a customizable dashboard, and the ability to view a timeline of upcoming hospital visits.
Patients can view their electronic medical information, collected from a variety of source systems across southwestern Ontario, including:
- Radiology reports and their corresponding images (where available)
- Cardiology-related reports and images (where available)
- Laboratory test results
- Clinical reports, such as discharge summaries from hospital visits
- Select medication information
- Allergies documented while in hospital
- Pathology and genetics reports
- Details of past and upcoming hospital visits (where available)